Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's Official!


I have to say, I am ultra excited about finally starting a blog like I have been planning forever! With 2 small kids, and a full time job, it's more than difficult to find time for myself, let alone something like this. But with that said, I am setting out on yet another journey just to better understand myself and my beliefs.

My beliefs... they change so much. Here's a little background info, after being overweight most of my life it took the birth of my son to realize life did NOT have to be the way it always was. It was like a fresh start for me. I was a mother, and....

At that time it was hard to finish that sentence. I was so confused. I wanted to loose weight, but how? I wanted to eat better, but did I have what it takes? These and many more questions lingered around until I finally figured out what was RIGHT FOR ME.

I am the type of girl that dives right in. And that is exactly what I did. I picked a book one day and it was that same day I became a vegan. About 70 lbs lighter and almost 3 years later I find myself giving in. It started with pregnancy of my daughter. I began giving in to my cravings, which of course is understandable, but she is now 8 months old and I am still giving in. Something's gotta change.

Having lost most of my "baby weight" (3lbs to go) I am still so out of shape. Flabby all over and not completely happy with what I see when I look in the mirror. Which is why I am completely diving in (again) and returning to my vegan ways with the addition of crossfit as my exercise routine.

I have never done any work out this intense and I am so excited to see how my body changes. Stay tuned to see if I can become the person I always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment